Tuesday, January 25, 2011

The homepage of the "CDU"

A homepage is not so much web 2.0, I know. Despite this fact, I want to blog about the possibilities to participate on the homepage. Are there discussion? Are the social-media-tools of the parties included? Are there any blogs?

I don’t want to admit, that I had the usual reservations, but actually I had. But to my surprise, the homepage seems to be quite young and active. The homepage is really colorful and has nothing to do with the color of the party: black.

I can click a button, and become a member by filling in a online document. The next click guides me to the youtube-channel, and above I can get to the facebook-profile to an unknown-politician.I am not sure, whether they promote the page of Hermann Gröhe everyday (wouldn't make so much sense), or whether they change everyday (would make a lot more sense). On the bottom of the page, I can also click at the "MeinVZ" and at the Twitter-Account of this unknown man.

But is there any possibility to become part of a political movement? There is, or at least, there seems to be a small one. With another click, I get to a special action of the party: I can fulfill the sentence “Our country…” with another 140 signs (the Twitter length), upload a photo and become part of a huge gallery, formed as the borders of Germany. There are people writing “Our country gives everyone a chance”, “Our country needs dedicated trainees”, or “Our country is beautiful”.Obviously, that’s not an online revolution, and probably it’s not enough to recruit a huge campaign team, but it’s a good beginning for a country, which seems to be so bored and disappointed from German politics.

There is only one disadvantage: The homepage has two-main sides, this interactive “portal” and the page about the party. And when it comes to “serious” topics on the “party”-page it’s boring again. So why can’t they explain their political program on the same page as the one with the colours and the interactive tools. Or is their program simply no fun at all? And shouldn’t have people the chance to comment on the party’s attitude towards integration or homosexual relationships?
By Ger_Watch

No comments:

Post a Comment