Thursday, February 3, 2011

Last words...


I could start this last post with some nice words. Words, that we all probably heard too often, but that still give us a little peace of mind when saying them. I could start by saying: All good things have to come to an end. I could say: It was my pleasure, but it had to end eventually. But as I have learned sometimes it is better to say nothing at all. I wish someone would have given this piece of advice to the following lady. She’s as pretty as she is dumb. Check this out! 

This doesn’t look like it would have something to do with this blog? Well, I just wanted to show you how much more intelligent every single one of you is out there. I bet this young lady would know how to use facebook or other social networks. But I’m pretty sure she doesn’t know a lot about politics. As these two might seem to be two totally different things, I hope we could show you how much intertwined politics and social media really are. I, personally, found it very interesting to dig down deep in this topic. I enjoyed it to really look at it and compare it to Germany. And for the most part it was very entertaining as well. I had some good laughs and I hope you did too. If you want to know how it looks like to be a facebook-addict in real life, click here. Want some more?


 My personal résumé about how American politicians use the internet for their purpose is fairly positive. I found that most of them are doing a fine job. Especially president Obama seems to have a competent staff to keep his facebook profile up to date.



 Another finding was that the time of blogging politicians seems to come to an end. They tend to concentrate more on facebook or twitter as those aren’t as time-consuming. Though some politicians do better than others, there’s one thing that unites them all. It appears to me that they don’t grasp the spirit of web 2.0. To them the internet is a one-way street. A channel to call out to the world and their voters, but when it comes to virtually interact with them, most of them don’t seem to be that interested anymore.
That’s why I’d like to end my US-part of the blog with a plea to all politicians out there. Talk less, listen more and the explore the fine chances that you have not taken so far.

It was my pleasure. Good night and good luck.
By US_watch

No comments:

Post a Comment